Human Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy
Human growth hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a kind of treatment that uses subcutaneous HGH injections to replace missing growth hormone (GH) in the body. The pituitary gland in the brain is in part responsible for producing growth hormone. As the gland ages, it no longer produces enough GH for the body to work at optimal performance. As the aging process continues, so does the slowing of the pituitary and the decline of GH – This is where HRT can help.
Also called somatropin, HGH is a 191 amino acid sequence, bio-identical replica of what the body already produces. When the pituitary gland slow down due to aging, the body may show symptoms of having a lack of enough growth hormone. These problems can be mild to severe depending upon the person experiencing them. HRT can help to raise and balance HGH levels and stop uncomfortable ailments.
HRT must be prescribed by a licensed doctor. Patients must be diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency in order to get a legal prescription to participate in human growth hormone replacement therapy. By carefully examining blood work results, a medical examination and a medical history form a doctor will be able to decide if HRT will benefit a patient.
Who Needs To Start HGH Therapy
We cannot say that a person “needs to start” HGH therapy, but we can conclude from the literature that this kind of treatment can be extremely beneficial for those with a GH deficiency. Both men and women lose their growth hormone as they age. A deficiency in this vital hormone can begin as early as 30 years old. It is not considered safe or legal for those under 30 to participate in HRT; however, those over 30 can begin anytime.
What To Expect From HGH Therapy
If therapy is conducted correctly, a person can expect remarkable HGH therapy before and after results. As a person ages, the pituitary gland slows down just like all other parts of the body. When the system is not receiving enough growth hormone, symptoms can occur that can make a person lose their quality of life. HGH therapy can help by gently putting that hormone back into the system so the body can work well again.
A person who uses his or her HGH injections correctly can expect the following from HGH therapy for adults:
- An increase in energy
- Greater stamina and endurance
- Better exercise capacity
- Loss of excess, unwanted weight
- Gains in lean muscle mass
- A faster metabolism
- Stronger bone mineral density
- Less risk for breaking bones
- Less risk for developing osteoporosis
- Less body, joint or muscle pain
- A stronger immune system
- Faster healing from injury
- Less bruising
- Getting sick less often
- Better ability to fight off infection
- Stronger skin elasticity
- Less noticeable facial wrinkles
- Less noticeable crow’s feet
- Skin that looks younger and less haggard
- Thicker growing hair
- Stronger and faster growing nails
- Less depression
- Less anxiety
- Less irritability
- A decrease in agitation and/or anger
- Less mood swings
- An overall steadier emotional stability
- More sexual desire
- Help with erectile dysfunction
- Less vaginal dryness
- Less hot flashes
- A reduction in night sweats
- Stronger and longer erections
- Better memory
- Less mental fogginess and/or disorientation
- Better ability to concentrate
- Better ability to focus
- Better sleep at night
- Organ growth
- More acute vision
Not all of these human growth hormone replacement therapy benefits will occur for all people; however, most will experience many of them. HRT has been proven by many reputable, educational and medical sources to be extremely effective for those with the diagnosis of a growth hormone deficiency.
When it comes to human growth hormone replacement therapy, it is important to (1) not expect negative side effects from therapy, but at the same time (2) to be aware of what they can be. This way, if something out of the ordinary occurs during treatment, a patient will not get too alarmed.
Becoming educated as to the possible risks of HGH therapy will help people understand better what is happening to them if a problem does occur. They can then make their clinical advisor aware of the issue(s). The advisor in return will let the doctor know. The prescription dosage can be altered and the negative side effect eliminated.
Below is a list of the rare but possible HGH therapy risks:
- Weight gain
- Muscle loss
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Stomach pain or cramping
- Difficulty with breathing
- Heart palpitations
- Darkened color of urine or stool
- Blood in urine or stool
- Blood clots
- Pain on one side of the body
- Tingling or numbness
- Swelling of legs, hands, ankles, feet, mouth, tongue or throat
- Bad breath
- Fruity smell to breath
- Mouth ulcers
- Depression or anxiety
- Irritability or agitation
- Mood swings
- Loss of ability to concentrate or focus well
- Loss of memory
- Body aches and pains
Remember to take all negative side effects from HGH therapy seriously. If something goes wrong with treatment, do not ignore it. Call your advisor and report the incident. If a problem is acutely serious, you may need to visit the emergency room.
How Long To See First Results
All people are different and will notice results from hormone replacement therapy at different times in their treatment regimen. However, the general time frame to see change is only a couple of weeks. Some patients of HRT have even shared that they felt less fatigue and lethargy within the first week of therapy.
Understand that replacing the body with the proper amount growth hormone via subcutaneous injections takes time. As soon as more energy is felt, a stronger sexual libido begins and skin starts to look rejuvenated, a person can say for sure that they have started the reap the benefits of HRT.
Definite results are almost always felt in the first month. This is when most people gain confidence in the process of HRT. They will most often times desire to continue with treatment to keep seeing changes in their minds and bodies.
Types Of Medications That Are Used For HGH Therapy
There are different types of medications that are used for HGH therapy. This includes orally ingested pills, drops and sprays, but only HGH injections can create true change. There are five main brands of human growth hormone injectable medications:
- Genotropin manufactured by Pfizer
- Omnitrope manufactured by Sandoz
- Norditropin manufactured by Novo Nordisk
- Saizen manufactured by Merck Serono
- Humatrope manufactured by Eli Lilly
Which medication a doctor chooses for their patient will be based on their preference and what is believed will be best for the patient’s needs. HGH injections are taken via either a needle and syringe or a convenient pen. Which delivery method a person chooses will be up to them.
Pills, drops and sprays are orally ingested and do not contain enough medication to work. They are swallowed and reach the stomach where the strong acids metabolize them quickly. These kinds of HGH products do not have time to reach the blood stream to work. They can be bought over the counter and no prescription is necessary.
On the other hand, injectable HGH is taken subcutaneously (just under the skin) and go straight to the blood stream. This is why they are the only true effective type of HGH medication.
Cost Of HGH Therapy
What is HGH therapy cost and is HGH therapy expensive? Cost may range from $1,000 to $4,000 per month depending upon what kind of medication is chosen and what the necessary dosage needs to be. HGH therapy is not inexpensive and usually patients need to save up their money and budget properly to prepare to pay for this kind of treatment.
All people will need varying amounts of medication, different dosages and for different lengths of time to reap benefits. This is why it is not possible to quote an exact cost of HGH therapy here online, but there a general purchase price according to several expert sources.
Is HGH therapy covered by insurance? We cannot tell you whether or not your insurance company will cover your HGH treatment, but it is always a good idea to call your specific company to ask. Inquire with your insurance company about whether or not they cover all or even partial parts of HRT. Some companies will help with shared cost of HGH injections depending upon their guidelines and benefits offered.
National HRT: Top Rated Hormone Replacement Therapy Clinic
National HRT is one of the top rated hormone replacement therapy clinics in the United States. What makes this clinic so well thought of and reputable?
The clinic offers each and every patient:
- A first free phone consultation to discuss human growth hormone replacement therapy, what is involved, how to get a prescription and what to expect from therapy. All questions from patients will be answered with thoughtfulness and accuracy of information.
- The chance to work with highly trained and licensed doctors of endocrinology. These professionals will analyze blood test results, medical examination results and medical history information. They will correctly diagnose patients and write accurate prescriptions and treatment plans. Our doctors also provide full medical supervision throughout the course of therapy.
- One hundred percent pure and authentic human growth hormone injectable medication of the highest quality possible.
- Fully trained, highly skilled and very compassionate and empathetic clinical advisors. These specialists understand what our clients are going through and keep in close contact via telephone and/or email throughout the course of therapy.
- Positive reviews written about the clinic by our past clientele and other professionals in the medical field.
For more information about National HRT, please feel free to fill out our online contact form. You will be contacted by a clinical advisor when you tell us that it is convenient for you and this is when you can begin your journey towards greater health and happiness.