Importance of Human Growth Hormone in Men
Because staying physically fit, healthy, cognizant, and productive are crucial in life, exploring the importance of human growth hormone in men is a subject that all men over thirty should familiarize themselves with to identify better when a decline is present.
Growth hormone (somatotropin, GH) is a polypeptide that is secreted by the somatotropic cells in the anterior portion of the pituitary gland. This essential hormone plays a role in some of the most basic of bodily functions, including:
- Cellular Regeneration – this process provides new cells for use by the skin, muscles, internal organs, hair, nails, and other tissues in the body.
- Promotes mineralization of bone and calcium retention throughout life to avoid weakening and osteoporosis.
- Stimulates the immune system to fight off infection.
- Works in the liver to reduced glucose uptake and stimulates the secretion of Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1).
- Promotes proper metabolic functions regarding the processing of lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates for the maintenance of a healthy weight and normal energy levels.
- Maintains a healthy sex drive.
- Increases lean muscle mass and strength.
- Provides signals to the brain for memory and information processing purposes.
- Regulates mood and stress levels.
Many hormone levels rise and fall during the course of a lifetime, and the secretion of growth hormone is no different. GH production is highest in the years associated with puberty and development, leveling off in one’s twenties, and often starting a very slow decline in one’s thirties.
By the time he enters his fifties or sixties, a man may have been dealing with a decrease in the production of growth hormone for many years. Even if he is on the low end of this decline, as a result of genetics and positive lifestyle choices, his body might still be dealing with enough of a reduction in this essential hormone to require supplementation. At this point, some changes may be inevitable. It is when these changes begin to interfere with daily life that action is recommended.
That action is doctor prescribed HGH treatment for men. Blood analysis is required to diagnose a growth hormone deficiency, and to ascertain the level of severity in order to determine the proper dosage of bioidentical HGH medication to order.
What Does HGH Do for Men?
GH has often been referred to as the body’s “Master Hormone.” It plays a leading or supporting role in the following areas which will help to clarify what HGH does for men:
- Weight regulation
- Mental functions
- Heart health
- Cellular regeneration
- Internal organ size
- Muscle and bone development
- Mood and outlook
- Energy and stamina
- Sexual performance
Under each of these categories, the breakdown of HGH benefits for men goes even further, for example, here are two areas to look at:
- Mental functions – the brain is home to a dense population of growth hormone receptor cells. If these units do not receive an adequate supply of GH each day, then memory, learning, focus, cognitive skills, and concentration will all be affected in an adverse way. Can this lead to dementia? Yes, over a period of time without treatment it possibly can.
- Sexual Performance – Although the majority of growth hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland, the testes are also responsible for a portion of this hormone’s production. GH acts both directly and indirectly in conjunction with IGF-1 to promote sperm production and maturation. A man dealing with this deficiency may find that erectile dysfunction, low libido, and decreased pleasure are involved.
These are all reasons why growth hormone for men is important. The benefits of this particular hormone do not stop when a person reaches the end of puberty – they keep going throughout the course of one’s lifetime.
HGH Benefits List for Men
It is now time to delve into the actual list of positive HGH benefits for men. This is where to learn what can be expected as a result of receiving this treatment from a doctor specializing in hormone replacement therapy.
Positive HGH effects on men include:
- Increased Lean Body Mass and Muscle Size for Improved Strength
- Decreased Fat Mass
- Increased Bone Mineral Density and a Reduction in the Risk of Developing Osteoporosis
- Sharper Cognitive Functions, Memory, and Focus
- Lower LDL (bad) Cholesterol Levels
- Improved Sexual Desire, Arousal, Performance, and Pleasure
- Stronger Immune System Functions and Shorter Recovery Times
- Increased Energy and Endurance in All Areas
These are superior reasons to begin human growth hormones for men, but the list does not stop here, as shown below:
- Clearer Eyesight
- Better and Deeper Sleep
- Enhanced Sense of Well-Being
- Improved Mood and Positive Outlook
- Thicker Hair with Possible Regrowth and Return of Natural Color
- Tighter, Firmer Skin
- Thicker Nails
- Improved Drive, Motivation, and Productivity
- Increased Internal Organ Size and Functions
The positive benefits of HGH for men were also discussed in a study by the Neuroendocrine Clinical Center at Massachusetts General Hospital in conjunction with Harvard Medical School. Here, echocardiography also showed that fiber shortening velocity, left ventricular mass index, and fractional shortening all improved by the end of six months of low dose HGH therapy, increasing cardiac function, and oxygen uptake, as well.
Ways to Increase GH in Men
Understanding what does HGH do for men as they continue on through life is important. HGH therapy can fill in the gap between what the body is producing and what it needs for proper functioning.
For those men who are still young and looking for a way to try and maintain a higher level of growth hormone production in later years, there are some steps to consider taking.
Please note that if you have already reached your forties or fifties, there is a strong chance it is too late to attempt these lifestyle changes in the sole hope of increasing chemical production. These options work best for people who have not yet reached a level of GH deficiency that is making symptoms known, however, that does not mean that they should still not be done, as the benefits will be there for the body in many other ways.
Possible ways for younger males interested in increasing growth hormone production in men, before a deficiency occurs include:
- Exercise regularly, and with high-intensity to stimulate GH secretion.
- Get eight hours of quality sleep each night – this is where half of the day’s production of this essential hormone takes place.
- Watch what you eat – consume a diet rich in vegetables and fruit – organic wherever possible, lean meats – free range and organic are best – and heart healthy grains. Avoid fatty, fried, and sugar-laden foods.
- Limit or reduce stress whenever you can. Meditation and yoga can help.
If it is too late for these changes to work due to symptoms that are already present, there is another option – the use of doctor prescribed Sermorelin, a growth hormone stimulating treatment. This therapy supports healthy pituitary functions and promotes the production of somatotropin.
It is essential to speak with an expert in this field to find out what treatment might best serve your needs. Contacting a specialist, such as a doctor here at National HRT® , can provide additional help in conquering growth hormone deficiency. We offer a variety of treatments, including HGH for Men in need of hormone replacement therapy.