Can Human Growth Hormones be used for Sports Enhancement?
The use of human growth hormones in sport practices is completely illegal. Unfortunately, that does not stop some professional and amateur athletes and bodybuilders from finding unauthorized ways of procuring this medication.
Doping in sports is serious in many ways. For example:
- It is illegal and can result in arrest and prosecution
- It can have an adverse effect on health and well-being
- It can tarnish a career reputation
- It can end a career
If it seems as though these are reasons enough to avoid thinking about the use of human growth hormones in sports, some people just do not get it until faced with these consequences. The fact is that the results they seek from using HGH injections for sports enhancement will not even happen. Numerous studies have been done on the use of human growth hormones in healthy people whose bodies are still producing an adequate supply of GH. What was discovered is this:
- HGH injections did not increase endurance, strength, or speed
- The use of human growth hormones did not increase muscle bulk
Why, then, do athletes and bodybuilders continue to seek out this treatment? The answer is not surprising – the use of growth hormone in sports is often only part of a regimen that also includes steroid drugs. It is often the other forms of enhancement that are used that bring the desired results.
Dangers of Using Human Growth Hormones for Sports
Putting aside the illegal factor, along with the fact that a person’s career can be ruined, and his or her reputation sullied forever, there is a serious danger that comes from using human growth hormones in sport. That danger is one’s permanent health.
Growth hormone is one of the most important chemical messengers in the body. It is secreted by the pituitary gland to aid metabolism, cellular regeneration, immunity, brain functions, and more. Maintaining a proper balance of GH in the body is crucial to a healthy existence.
That is why human growth hormones abuse in sports is so dangerous. An athlete is often in the prime of his or her life, long before the body begins the slow and gradual decline of GH production that occurs with age. If a person whose growth hormone levels are in the normal range starts to use (abuse) HGH injections, some serious risks to the body can occur.
This is what you should know about human growth hormones in sport side effects:
- Raising the level of GH higher than its normal state can result in the pituitary gland shutting down its own natural production of this essential chemical
- Too much HGH can result in unwanted side effects, including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- High cholesterol
- Purchasing HGH injections illegally on the black market can result in the receipt of dangerous or toxic products as human growth hormones are one of the most counterfeited medications today
There is no logical reason to use human growth hormones for sports, and many reasons to avoid this medication for anything other than its true purpose – increasing the level of GH in the body in adults dealing with a deficiency.